Rom Plastica developed this new net type to optimize processing in the mussel farming sector.
The technical features of the net allow::
- elimination of certain stages of mussel production, with considerable time savings;
- avoidance of product loss, as this type of net allows loose mussels (which were previously thrown away) to be re-used;
- attainment of a more homogeneous product.
This tubular net is made of extruded polypropylene. It has a dual-structure mesh. The outer part of the mesh, which is rhomboid shaped, is manufactured using a thread with a wider cross-section, making the net extremely strong and suitable for offshore operations.
The inner part of the mesh, made up of a tighter rhombus pattern made of thinner thread, ensures:
- avoidance of immediate mussel ‘leakage’
- the net is not lacerated by the mussels themselves as they grow.
All materials and colorants used are suitable for the production of foodstuffs as per the laws in force.
- Processing in the mussel farming sector
- Considerable time savings
- Avoidance of product loss
- Attainment of a more homogeneous product